Thursday, April 9, 2009

Does Anyone Have A Busy Life?

I don't know about you, but I always seem to run out of time. I try to make it easier on myself by making a list and marking things off a I go, but no one said anything about everyone else adding to that list. For example: since when is it my job to remember to take out the garbage and when I don't, it doesn't get picked up for the week. Someone needs to explain this unwritten rule to me. Of course the good thing is school is on the down hill slide, so some of the list will shrink. No more homework anyone?
I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy summer with the family. We always seem to be in fast motion, but in a good way. Swimming, biking, walks with the family and I really like the family BBQ we have every weekend. I like the time we spend at the park as well, the kids and I take my granddaughter (their niece) to play on the slide and swing. It is a lot of fun going through this experience with them too. I myself did not learn how to totally appreciate my own parents until I had my own kids. So I think my two kids are learning a little early now that they are an Aunt and an Uncle.
When my life gets this busy, I always try to look back at what my dad always says, "work smart not hard" (just don't tell him I told you this I will never hear the end of it). This is part of the reason I use the Internet. I can sit down when I have time and find anything I can imagine and then some. I really like the idea of the Internet as I am getting ready for Easter. As my family grows this is a bigger and bigger event, it is a collaboration of five different families to come together for one dinner.
It's because of this theory of my dads that I can get more done in a shorter amount of time, which is really coming in handy right now. You will get at least one thing done on your ever growing to do list. In my book this makes for the perfect ending to a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment